Please submit community calendar events to the form below. Submissions should include a title, description, date and time, location, and registration link, if applicable. Please allow approximately one week for submission to be reviewed and posted.
Before submitting your event, make sure to review the event submission best practices below.
Posting an event online will help draw people to your event. Make sure that you make the most of this opportunity. Below are a few best practices for submitting your event.
When writing your title, make sure it can stand alone and people will get an understanding of what the event is, if only the title is displayed.
Recommend putting the most important information near the top, and concentrate why people will want to come to your event. Most people skim the first few sentences.
Make sure you paste plain text, and formatting doesn’t accidentally get carried over. To avoid this, paste your content into a text editor such as Note Pad or Text Edit to remove formatting and then paste it into the calendar description.
Don’t use special formatting (font size, color, etc.) other than bolds and italics. Only bold words that are very important for people to see if they are skimming. Avoid using underlines, as site visitors will mistake underlined text for links.
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short and easy to scan
- Double check your spelling
- Provide links to relevant content, linking words that accurately describe the linked page
- Configure all links to external sites to open in a new window
- Spell out acronyms that may be unfamiliar to most audiences
- Indicate if RSVP is required
- Underline important words, instead use bold or italics
- Say “Click here,” instead link descriptive words
- Example: “Click here to learn more about the Chamber” rewrite to say “Learn more about the Chamber.”
- Paste raw URLs, instead link descriptive words
If you are adding an image to your event, make sure you have all of the rights and permissions to use the image. Images pulled from Google images or from news sources should not be used unless you have explicit written permission.
Tickets url (Let people know where they can get tickets for your event)